COUNCIL MINUTES

MINUTES JUNE 2018.

Present
Ken Windsor, James Phillips, Anne Gasteen, Martin Rhodes, Kenny MacLean, Carol Gilbert, Claire Craig Rosemary Guerrier, Ken Cairnduff
Apologies
Nick Bell, Caroline Johnston, Wendy Grannon
Minutes of Last Meetings (April & May)
To be approved
Police Report – none present
Elected Members
Cllr MacLean
Recent heavy rain caused bad flooding in Grandtully Drive – work to be done to improve drainage
Asbestos sheets cleared from Balcarres Lane however, this should be the responsibility of the owners/factors
Cleveden Road Bins – in touch with GCC regarding failure to uplift bins
Cllr Rhodes
Pedestrian Crossing at Spar on Cleveden Road – times on maximum time for crossing
ZigZags – parking on these is a Police matter so please report to 101
Weeds – spraying programme in place
Friends of Kelvindale Railway Station – congratulations of award
Surface of Cleveden Road – to be redone by previous contractor before cycle road race
Lamp-post bins to be replaced
Treasurer
Balance £695.11
Planning
Gas Holders – no update on appeal
AOB
Balcarres Ave Traffic – concern over the volume of traffic and the poor quality of driving particularly by cars turning right into Balcarres Ave off Kelvindale Road and cutting the corner.  Traffic and Road Safety will survey outside 117 Balcarres Ave (after the traffic calming measures currently in place) when the schools go back in August.
Break-ins – Concern over break-ins happening locally.  Unfortunately, Police not present so KCC will raise this with the Police.  For Neighbourhood Watch advice contact the Police.
Cycling Road Race (8 August 2018)
Residents informed of Restrictions in place for that day.  Kelvindale Station will be holding a cycle themed event that day.
Thank you to everyone who helped with the distribution of the Newsletter.
Dale of next Meeting
16 August 2018

 

 

MINUTES MAY 2018

KELVINDALE COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Kelvindale Bowling Club
17 May 2018 at 7.30pm
PRESENT: Wendy Grannon, Nick Bell, Ken Windsor, Claire Craig, Caroline Johnston, Laura Sutherland, Ian Sutherland, Carol Gilbert, Cllr Martin Rhodes, Rosemary Guerrier, John Guerrier, Freda Gardner, Nora MacFarlane, Lily Geddes, Moira Anderson, Elizabeth MacDonald
1. APOLOGIES: Anne Gasteen, Robin Cole
2. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:
Proposed Rosemary Guerrier, Seconded Caroline Johnston.
3. ELECTED MEMBERS:
Cllr Martin Rhodes:
Bin Replacement – scheme now completed.  Possible Bin Strikes this summer over National Pay Deal but hopefully a deal will be made before then.
Consultation on catchment areas for all GCC schools started 14 May 2018.
Consultation re: School Placement Requests also ongoing
Consultation on how scheme for HMO’s (2+ persons sharing accommodation) should work as well as Short Stay Accommodation (eg Air B&B)
Byres Road – there are three options for changes/improvements to Byres Road.  Dates and times for public viewing to follow.
4. POLICE REPORT:
House break-ins most concerning for Police.  Police using plain clothed and uniformed officers to investigate.  Please report anything suspicious to 101 or 999.  Anti-social behaviour of pupils outside SPAR and Londis at lunchtime – Police will send a presence when possible.  Please report any parking across driveways as well as parking on zigzags to 101.
5. AREA PARTNERSHIP MEETING
Roads (LES) – next area locally to have parking restrictions (Hyndland and Dowanhill West) will result in more cars being parked on the Kelvindale side of Great Western Road which will impact Leicester and Chesterfield Avenues particularly pushing traffic further up the hill onto other roads.
‘Spaces for Growing Food’ – Dawsholm Park.
Ban on parking on pavements being introduced.
£36750 was returned to the Area partnership due to lack of bids from the local community.
6. TREASURER:
Balance £860.11
7. MATTERS ARISING:
Newsletter – printed and delivery to large parts of Kelvindale already completed.  Remaining delivery routes to be discussed separately.
Balcarres Avenue – letters sent to residents requesting views on sleeping policemen as road is a ‘rat run’. Ask a member of the Roads Department to attend next meeting.
Buses – Meeting 27 April 2018, with SPT, Cllr Bartos, Carol Gilbert and Mr and Mrs Faulds.  At this meeting it was confirmed that the M4 would be running for the next 5 years.  SPT were asked to look at the spacing times of the M4 and 94 buses which are currently running at almost the same time.  SPT to respond.
8. AOB:
Phasing of traffic lights a SPAR do not allow enough time for crossing Cleveden Road – Martin to ask for times to be re-set.
8 August 2018 – Cycling event for European Games will be using Cleveden Road; Kelvindale Station will be putting on an event that day.
Cleveden Road surface to be re-done by previous contractor.
9. DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
Thursday,  21 June 2018

MINUTES APRIL 2018.

KELVINDALE COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Kelvindale Bowling Club
19 April 2018 at 7.30pm

PRESENT: Nick Bell, Ken Windsor (in the Chair), Claire Craig, Caroline Johnston, Laura Sutherland, Ian Sutherland, Carol Gilbert, Anne Gasteen, Robin Cole, Catherine Trainor, Cllr Martin Bartos, Cllr Kenny MacLean1. APOLOGIES: Wendy Grannon, Cllr Martin Rhodes, Rosemary Guerrier, Joanne Craig

Ken welcomed everyone to the meeting and thanked those members present for their support at the last meeting.

2. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:
Proposed: Nick Bell
Seconded: Caroline Johnston

3. ELECTED MEMBERS:
Cllr Kenny MacLean:
Bin Replacement – should be completed by end of March 2018 – any missed please let Kenny know.
Notre Dame High School – Consultation on catchment areas for all GCC schools to start on 14 May 2018.

Cllr Martin Bartos:
Buses – Meeting arranged for 27 April 2018, with SPT, Cllr Bartos, Carol Gilbert and Mr and Mrs Faulds
Byres Road – there are now a number of options for changes/improvements to Byres Road.
Bike Library – more to follow

4. POLICE REPORT:
None present but very busy with 3 major incidents ongoing

5. TREASURER:
Balance £860.11 at 23 March 2018

7. MATTERS ARISING:
Newsletter – printed and ready for delivery. Delivery routes to be discussed separately. Thank you to Wendy and Caroline for all their hard work.
332 Kelvindale Road – Rusty water drained and trench installed. Future of site still to be decided.

8. AOB:
Scottish Water – lining of water main on Cleveden Road from 30 April 2028 for 5 weeks. Water will be off for periods but residents will be informed in advance.
Balcarres Avenue – sleeping policemen requested as road is now a ‘rat run’ and will become busier with the waterworks on Cleveden Road during May. Elected Members to ask GCC to monitor traffic at morning and evening rush hours.
Temple Road – Elected members to look at Community Payback to help clear the litter/rubbish.
Old Maryhill Health Centre – consultation on change to Womens’ Custody Unit (rehabilitation unit).
Community Partnership – Caroline has now received a formal invitation to attend.

9. DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
Thursday, 17 May 2018

MINUTES MARCH 2018.

KELVINDALE COMMUNITY COUNCIL Kelvindale Bowling Club 15 March 2018 at 7.30pm PRESENT: Nick Bell, Ken Windsor (in the Chair), Claire Craig, Caroline Johnston, Laura Sutherland, Ian Sutherland, Carol Gilbert, Rosemary Guerrier, Cllr. Martin Rhodes, Anne Gasteen, Alison McLelland, Hugh McLelland, Robin Cole, Caroline Brazill, Andrew Donnelly, Chris Biguzzi, Moira Anderson, 2 PC’s

1. APOLOGIES: Wendy Grannon, Cllr Martin Bartos,

2. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Proposed: Nick Bell Seconded: Caroline Johnston

3. ELECTED MEMBERS: Cllr Martin Rhodes: Weather – considering the conditions the overall response to the recent heavy snowfall was considered to be good. Let Martin know if any routes were missed off the priority list that should have been on it. Area Partnership – Caroline Johnston is our rep. Junction at Cleveden Road/Great Western Road – another person has approached Martin regarding this junction. Nick still analysing computer models and there has been another crash at the junction.

4. POLICE REPORT: There have been 17 police incidents over the past month (10 thefts, 2 road accidents, 2 anti-social behaviour 1 assault and 2 sexual offences).

5. 332 KELVINDALE ROAD Hugh McLelland, owner of the above site told those present what had been happening and what was planned for the site. He went into detail about the history of the planning application and works carried out so far. The rusty water is not coming from his site but from further up the hill probably from an old ironstone mine – the water is the responsibility of GCC. The site is currently for sale and Mr. McLelland is looking at different option available to him. Any interested parties are invited to visit the site and see what is going on there. Laura Sutherland commented that the site had often been noisy. Robin Cole at 334 said he did not consider the site to be noisy. Thank you to Mr. McLelland for coming to the meeting and explaining what he was doing on the site at 332 Kelvindale Road. KCC has referred the site to the Planning Enforcement Team for investigation. No response received.

6. TREASURER: Balance £940.11 7. MATTERS ARISING: Newsletter – ongoing Grit Bins – Martin to check if GCC would fill grit bins if KCC bought extra for the area.

8. AOB:

Parking on Chesterfield Ave – Caroline Brazille, a resident of Chesterfield Ave, highlighted the parking issues on Chesterfield Avenue particularly when there were sports fixtures at Kelvinside Academy’s Balgray Campus. Coaches are parked on the double yellow lines instead of inside the ground in the car park. They are unable to turn and reverse down Chesterfield onto Great Western Road which is dangerous. The number of cars parked on the road means that when trying to get onto Great Western Road the sight line to the road is blocked and this is dangerous too. Mrs Brazille feels that Kelvinside Acadamy has become a nuisance neighbour. As parking powers have been deferred to GCC Cllr Rhodes will contact City Parking and Community Safety to pass on the
information regarding this situation. It would be helpful if Kelvinside Academy could work with the Community informing them of upcoming events.

Notre Dame High School – Glasgow City Council has said it will hold a consultation on whether Notre Dame High School should start taking in boys. Some local parents in the west end of Glasgow want their sons to go to Notre Dame. The consultation will start at some point after an ongoing review of school catchment areas across the city has been completed. 69% of the children come from parts of the city outside the school’s own catchment area. Mr Biguzzi and Mr Donnelly, local residents with children at Notre Dame Primary School, asked members to look at their facebook page, twitter feed and their petition – NDH4ALL- Notre Dame High School for All. Cllr. Rhodes is to ask for clarity on timescales.

Community Council Consultation – executive to meet separately and look at the information in detail

9. DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Thursday, 19 April 2018

Meeting closed – 8.50pm

s of Community Council meetings are posted here.

 MINUTES NOVEMBER, 2017.
PRESENT: Wendy Grannon, Ken Windsor, Claire Craig, Caroline Johnston, Ian Sutherland, Laura Sutherland,  Carol Gilbert, Rosemary Guerrier, Catherine Trainer, Moira Anderson, Jim Wright, Anne Gasteen, Cllr. Martin Rhodes, Cllr Martin Bartos
1. APOLOGIES: Nick Bell, Cllr Kenny MacLean
2. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:
Proposed: Caroline Johnston
Seconded: Carol Gilbert
3. ELECTED MEMBERS:
Cllr Martin Rhodes:
Junction at Cleveden Road/Great Western Road – Police and LES attended to see traffic behaviour at this junction.  They could see the problems with the junction but a previous report had said that to make the junction a 4-way stop would cause long tail backs.  Martin will send the link for Public Petitions which must get a response from the relevant department.  Consider a joint Community Council Petition regarding junction safety at Kirklee and Cleveden Road junctions with Great Western Road.
332 Kelvindale Road – Carol has sent a letter on behalf of KCC asking what will happen to the land adjacent to the two new houses to be built and completed an online form for the Enforcement Team at GCC.
Area Partnership – needs new rep. from KCC, Caroline Johnston with Nick Bell as sub.
Cllr Martin Bartos:
Area Partnership – funding available so please apply.
SPT – are revising qualifying criteria for the busses at the moment.
Regional Transport Strategy – going to public consultation
4. POLICE REPORT: none present.  We will send the Police a list of forthcoming meetings.
5. TREASURER:
Balance £522.24
6. MATTERS ARISING:
Newsletter – Thank you to the Post Office for our mailing address.  Ken to liaise with Wendy Watt regarding distribution with Church leaflets.  Put upcoming meetings in the Newsletter (check with Bowling Club), they are: 18 January, 15 March, 19 April, 17 May, 21 June, 18 August, 20 September and 25 October (AGM) 2018.  Thank you to everyone who contributed and helped with the Newsletter.
Rugby Match Balgray (22/9/17) – Ongoing, Caroline to investigate the position regarding licences for the event.
Free Bus Travel for Older People – Carol has responded on behalf of KCC saying we would like the ‘status quo’ and that any changes made should be phased in.
7. AOB:
Community Clean-up – Jim Wright is willing to coordinate any volunteers willing to help keep the neighbourhood tidy for everyone.  We will put this in the Newsletter and Martin Rhodes will send information regarding GCC Neighbourhood Improvement Volunteers.
Consultation on Local Bus Services – Carol to respond on behalf of KCC
Train Hotline Number – required to contact Transport Police if trouble erupts
Litter – more bins required on Cleveden Road
8. DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
Thursday,  18 January 2018
Meeting closed – 8.35pm

 

MINUTES OCTOBER 2017.

KELVINDALE COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Kelvindale Bowling Club
26 October 2017 at 7.30pm
PRESENT: Wendy Grannon, Ken Windsor, Claire Craig, Caroline Johnston, Nick Bell, Ian Sutherland, Laura
Sutherland, Carol Gilbert, Rosemary Guerrier, Catherine Trainer, Moira Anderson
1. APOLOGIES:
Cllr. Martin Rhodes, Cllr Kenny MacLean, Anne Gasteen
2. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:
Proposed: Ken Windsor
Seconded: Wendy Grannon
3. ELECTED MEMBERS:
Cllr Martin Rhodes:
Junction at Cleveden Road/Great Western Road – Police and LES attended today (26/10/17) at 4pm to see
traffic behaviour at this junction. They could see the problems with the junction but a previous report had
said that to make the junction a 4-way stop would cause long tail backs. Nick has a requested a copy of this
report.
332 Kelvindale Road – Questions received from residents and submitted to Planning – it was felt the replies
were unsatisfactory. Carol will send a letter on behalf of KCC asking what will happen to the land adjacent
to the two new houses to be built – will the builder’s yard still be there but on a smaller site? Residents
should also write.
Cllr Kenny Maclean:
Bin Lorries – plans are in place to replace the fleet with more environmentally-friendly vehicles
Kelvindale PS Playground – drains need attended to but in the meantime arrangements will be made to have
the pitch cleaned
4. POLICE REPORT: none present
5. TREASURER:
Balance £522.24
6. MATTERS ARISING:
Playpark – Stevie Scott (LES) to organise cleaning
Puddle Great Western Road – puddle still there, not sure it has been fixed or not
Newsletter – waiting to be finalised and hopefully issued in November. Caroline to progress.
Noticeboards – Nick to measure and get materials
Janitor’s House, Cleveden School – Headteacher to ask AMEY what their plans are.
Minor Injuries Service – no update
Bus Services Consultations – Carole to meet and try and get more information from SPT
Community Rail Partnership – plan to have Christmas trees at every station along the line this year along
with a ‘Santa Special’ train.
7. AOB:
Leaf-fall/lights out – ask Community Payback to attend
Rugby Match Balgray (22/9/17) – c1000 people present for match between Glasgow University and
Strathclyde University. Drinking on Leicester Ave by those attending – Caroline to investigate the position
regarding licences for the event.
Purse thefts on local trains – Station staff very helpful in this situation.
8. DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
Thursday, 23 November 2017
Meeting closed – 9pm

 

MINUTES SEPTEMBER, 2017.

KELVINDALE COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Kelvindale Bowling Club
21 September 2017 at 7.30pm
PRESENT: Wendy Grannon, Ken Windsor, Claire Craig, Caroline Johnston, Nick Bell, Anne Gasteen, Ian Sutherland, Laura Sutherland, Cllr. Martin Rhodes, Cllr Kenny MacLean, Carol Gilbert, Freda Robertson, Alex Robertson, Rosemary Guerrier, Catherine Trainer, PC Green, PC Williams
1. APOLOGIES:
None
2. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:
Item 3:  Planning – 332 NOT 323 Kelvindale Road.  Coal Authority Information not given by Cllr Rhodes.
proposed Nick Bell; seconded Anne Gasteen
3. ELECTED MEMBERS:
Cllrs Rhodes, MacLean and Bartos have agreed that at least one of them will always endeavour to attend KCC monthly meetings.
Cllr Martin Rhodes:
323 Kelvindale Road – Environmental Health will be in touch with local residents directly. Martin is to arrange a meeting with the Planning Officer and if local residents have specific questions please e-mail them to Martin.
Gasometers – summary of opinions has been submitted to Historic Environment Scotland.
Orange liquid at area around 332 Kelvindale Road – waiting to hear from GCC as to who owns land.
Cllr Kenny Maclean:
Scout Hut – issue resolved for the foreseeable future.
Gasometers – SGN want site cleared by 2021
Area Partnership – Please submit any agenda items and encourage local groups/initiatives to put in an application for funds.
4. POLICE REPORT:
23 incidents over the last reporting period.  Bike Theft Team will be targeting thefts in the area in the near future.
5. TREASURER:
Balance £602.24 at 3/8/17
6. MATTERS ARISING:
Swing Park – Nick to contact LES (Stevie Scott) regarding cleaning schedule
Puddle at Great Western Road/Gartnavel junction – cleared but please report when it next happens
Newsletter – to be issued end of September
Junction at Cleveden Road./Great Western Road – LES have looked at the junction and have no plans to change the phasing of the lights.  Report to follow.
Spar Cleveden Road – contact Environmental Health on 0141 287 1060 if alarm noise is an issue
Community Rail Partnership for Glasgow North Line – (5) Board Members required and Constitution needed before a bank account can be opened to deposit money received from Scotrail.  Suggest contacting schools, local businesses and Scottish Canals.
Notice boards – ongoing
Janitor’s House Cleveden School – ongoing and will be brought at next Parent Council Meeting at School.
Transport Scotland Bus Service Consultation paper – poorly designed and worded.  Carol to draft responses to questions which will then be circulated by KCC.
 Concessionary Scheme Survey will be on website from 22 September 2017.
Minor Injuries Service – the favoured option at the moment is the Unit at the QEUH with Gartnavel a close second.  Consultation is still open and the link is available via the facebook page.  Will also ask Caroline Wilson (Evening Times) to highlight this to readers.
7. AOB:
Water on Kelvindale Primary School pitch – problems with drainage, Cllrs to ask LES to remove slime and fix.
Bin Lorries – are there any plans to modernise fleet and move away from diesel lorries?  Cllr MacLean to check.
Flammable Cladding – is there any in this area?  Cllr MacLean to check.
Winter Wardens – Freda Robertson is our local rep.
Dorchester Ave. Planning – the Coal Authority has withdrawn objection to block facing Dorchester Ave.
M4 Bus Timetables – received for distribution.
Website – updates to be done by Ken.
8. DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
Thursday, 26 October 2017 (AGM)
Meeting closed – 8.55pm

MINUTES – AUGUST 2017.

KELVINDALE COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Kelvindale Bowling Club
24 August 2017 at 7.30pm
PRESENT: Ken Windsor, Claire Craig, Caroline Johnston, Nick Bell, Anne Gasteen, Ian Sutherland, Laura Sutherland, Cllr. Martin Rhodes
1. APOLOGIES:
Rosemary Guerrier, Wendy Grannon, Kenny MacLean, Police
2. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:
proposed Nick Bell; seconded Caroline Johnston
3. ELECTED MEMBERS:
Cllr Martin Rhodes:
M4 Bus – reinstated but send any ideas regarding improvement to the service to SPT e.g. clash with No94 bus
323 Kelvindale Road – Martin has highlighted a leak of orange, viscose liquid to Scottish Water.  The Coal Authority have reported voids which would need to be in-filled before any building could take place.  Martin to find out whether the road is private or not and who owns the land beside the old tennis courts.  Current business activities are felt to be environmental and public health issues by residents living beside the site who should report any issues directly to Environmental Health. Martin will also arrange a meeting with the Planning Officer, local residents and some KCC Committee members to try and clarify the details on this planning application.
Scout Hut Ripon Drive – issue resolved
Gasometers – High level of interest in community but divided opinion of what to do with them.  KCC will act as a conduit for discussions (for or against).  SGN own the gasometers.
4. POLICE REPORT:
None present but report circulated with figures for whole Ward
5. TREASURER:
Balance £704.24
6. AOB:
Swing Park – Nick to contact LES regarding cleaning
Fly Tipping –  photo if seen and report to Environmental Task Force
Puddle at Great Western Road/Gartnavel junction to be cleared/cleaned by 20/9/17
Newsletter – aim for end of September
Notice boards – Nick to contact Wilton Glazing about replacing the glass
Janitor’s House at Cleveden School – empty and in disrepair.  Caroline to contact AMEY on behalf of KCC to find out what is happening.
Junction at Cleveden Road./Great Western Road – very dangerous and reported to LES by Nick
Spar Cleveden Road – contact Environmental Health if alarm noise is an issue
Community Rail Partnership for Glasgow North Line – looking for volunteers and support
7. DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
Thursday, 21st September 2017
Meeting closed – 8.35pm

 

KCC Minutes July 2017

Minutes June 2017.

May 2017 minutes

There was no meeting in April 2017.

 

Minutes March 2017

kcc-minutes-23rd-february-2017

kcc-minutes-18th-jan-2017

draft-minutes-november-2016

extraordinary-meeting-october

draft-minutes-22-09-16

minutes-august-25th-2016

Minutes June 2016

DRAFT MINUTES May 2016.

April 2016.

There was no meeting in March

February 2016.

JANUARY 2016

 NOVEMBER 2015

OCTOBER 2015 

September 2015
August 2015
June 2015
May 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
November 2014
October 2014

September 2014
June 2014
May 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014

KCC Minutes November 2013
KCC Minutes October 2013
KCC Minutes August 2013
KCC Minutes June 2013
KCC Minutes May 2013
KCC Minutes April 2013
KCC Minutes March 2013
KCC Minutes February 2013

KCC Minutes January 2013

KCC Minutes November 2012
KCC Minutes October 2012
KCC Minutes September 2012
KCC Minutes June 2012
KCC Minutes May 2012

KCC Minutes April 2012
KCC Minutes March 2012
KCC Minutes February 2012
KCC Minutes January 2012

KCC Minutes Nov 2011
KCC Minutes September 2011

KCC Minutes August 2011

Advertisements

One Response to COUNCIL MINUTES

  1. Susan Finnigan says:

    Can I ask the opinion of the community council and the issue of residents keeping all their bins in the lanes
    They are a particular nuisance as after collection as the council workers leave the bins all over the place meaning it is nigh impossible to drive up the lanes to garage access
    Some residents are of the mindset bins out of sight out of mind
    The state of the lanes are quite frankly now disgraceful

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s