- Well, the 4A bus has finally bitten the dust as they say ! The complete story of how, aided by Councillors, MSP’s and a magnificent petition by Valerie, we fought but sadly lost our battle to keep the service, can be found here –
- If your browser does not connect to the above link – please try using the “The Axing of the 4A Bus Service” post at the top of the Recent Posts section on the right hand side of this page.
- We are currently re-grouping and looking at ways to provide First Bus with suggestions as to how we can get a viable change of route to the useless M4 replacement service, which at the very least connects Kelvindale to Hyndland and Byres Road.
- visit NEWS for the latest posts
- click Follow (bottom right) to have updates sent by email
Kelvindale Community Council in the west of Glasgow meets 8 times a year: its official role according to the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973, is to consult the local community and to make known to the local authority and other public bodies the views of local people on all matters affecting them.
In return, the local authority has a duty to consult the council on how local services are delivered, and on other issues affecting the area. The council has the right to be consulted on any planning applications in the area, and is also kept informed about licensing applications.
Residents of the area can attend meetings of the council, bring matters of concern to the attention of members, and stand for election.